I am pleased to be participating in my first collaborative book project, The Daughters and Spirit of Harriet, an anthology honoring the contributions of men and women around the country for their selfless service and notable contributions to humanity.
The book, in memory of the late Harriet Tubman, Nelson Mandela and Thomas Garrett, is scheduled to launch on April 3, 2014. All proceeds will go to the Children’s Hospital and Research Center of Oakland. Stay tuned!
Merrill Consulting Associates, LLC is pleased to announce our Summer 2014 Career Development Facilitator (CDF) Training & Certification Program.
CDF training can enhance the skills and knowledge of individuals who work in any type of career development setting. As a CDF participant, you will receive training in each of 12 career development competencies. The training includes hands-on and interactive teaching methods and opportunities to interact with colleagues from a variety of work settings. Since the course content covers 12 important competencies, there is plenty of opportunity to build skills and knowledge in areas that are new to you, as well as enhance and develop those that you use every day in your work.
- Career resources and labor market information
- Career planning processes
- Basic helping and facilitation skills
- Career development models and theories
- Informal and formal assessment approaches
- Diversity and specific population needs
- Development and maintenance of an effective career resource center
- Training others and program promotion
- Case management and referral skills
- Ethical and scope-of-practice issues
- Professional and resource portfolios
- Cutting-edge job searching and more!
Please click on the following link for additional information: http://www.ncda.org/aws/NCDA/pt/sd/calendar/30961/_PARENT/layout_details/false. Thanks for sharing with your network associates who have an interest in career services.